- Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) has approved standardization of its iLBC codec. The final RFC versions of the iLBC codec spec and the iLBC RTP Profile draft is available (Dec 6th, 2004)
- GIPS iLBC has been specified as a mandatory codec in the recently released CableLabs PacketCableTM 1.1 Audio/Video Codec (Aug 9th, 2004)
- Updated versions of the iLBC codec spec and the iLBC RTP Profile draft is available now (May 29th, 2004)
- Submitted to IETF avt WG updated versions of the iLBC codec spec and iLBC RTP Profile drafts. Those drafts will be discussed at IETF 57 in Vienna, Austria from the 13-18th July 2003.
- Concluded review of the iLBC codec spec draft and reviews have been submitted to AVT WG chairs.
The authors are deeply indebted to them all and thank them sincerely:
Peter Vary, Frank Mertz and Christoph Erdmann (RWTH Aachen); Vladimir
Cuperman (Niftybox LLC); Thomas Eriksson (Chalmers Univ of Tech) and
Gernot Kubin (TU Graz).
- XTEN Networks has integrated iLBC in X-Lite and X-Pro. Big thanks to Erik Lagerway (Xten)!
- Asterisk has
introduced iLBC as a codec for its soft PBX. Big thanks to Mark Spencer (Digium) and Michael
- iLBC has been integrated
by OpenH323 as a part of the OpenH323 package.
- New versions of the drafts
were presented and discussed at IETF
56 in San Francisco from 16-20th March 2003.
- Successfully completed interoperability tests of 3 iLBC implementations
Kphone) at SIPit
12 in Stockholm from 24-28th Feb 2003. Here are some of the pictures
from the iLBC corner (pic1,
pic2). Few more pictures from SIPit event are available here.
Big thanks goes to Robert Sparks (Dynamicsoft), Juha Heinanen
Pekka Raisio (Wirlab/Kphone), Jorgen Bjorkner (Hotsip), Alex Zolotar (Pingtel)
and Daniel Petrie (Pingtel) who made iLBC tests successful.
- New iLBC 20 ms frame size mode is available in the new
codec spec draft version. When when compared to 30 ms frame size mode,
this 15.2 kbps mode is characterized with: higher basic quality, higher
packet loss robustness, lower complexity and algorithmic delay.
- Logitech is offering GIPS iLBC Freeware as part of their SDK to PS2 game developers. This offering will provide developers with the tools to create games with integrated voice over IP capability.
- Article "Enhancement of coded speech by constrained optimization" (),
on ILBC enhancement unit, written by W.B. Kleijn has received the
Best Paper Award. at the
2002 Workshop on Speech Coding.
- iLBC is available in the Pingtel
phones - more
- New versions of the drafts presented at IETF 55 in Atlanta
- iLBC is available in the Public Domain SIP client Kphone - more
Questions to ilbcfreeware.org
Copyright © 2000-2004 The iLBCfreeware.org Project. All rights reserved.
Last modified: 02/26/2004 13:46:57 +0200